After pursuing a career as a professional ballerina, I swapped my ballet shoes for Medicine and graduated with Honours from the University of Melbourne. The great enjoyment I experienced during my undergraduate Women’s Health rotation has led me into a career in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. I am passionate about supporting and guiding women on their obstetric journey, from conception to birth.
Choosing your Obstetrician for your pregnancy is a big deal regardless of whether you are a first time mum or not. It is perfectly okay to feel apprehension and nerves about your decision. It is a precious time and you should ask questions and do your homework about who, where and what is best for you. I have extensive experience in private Obstetric practice. I bring a caring nature and a detailed approach to your pregnancy. As a mother, I can also personally appreciate the many aspects of pregnancy, birthing and postnatal care. Do not hesitate to call my rooms anytime to discuss your pregnancy on 03 9419 5138
You will always receive expert care and support. I manage normal and higher risk pregnancies. My rooms are at St Vincent’s Private Hospital and I deliver babies there and at nearby Epworth Freemasons. Both are excellent hospitals with first-class maternity care. When I am on leave, my colleagues Dr. David O’Callaghan, Dr. Lionel Steinberg, Dr. Guy Skinner and Dr. Tom Cade step in as my locums. You will be looked after every step of the way.
I love my profession and enjoy the wonderful connection I share with my patients during this incredible time in their lives. I have a caring nature and if you are a first-time parent, please be assured that you are in the best of hands.
My practice is located on the ground floor of St Vincent’s Private Hospital where I share rooms with Dr. David O’Callaghan. When I am on leave, Dr David OÇallaghan, Dr. Lionel Steinberg, Dr. Guy Skinner and Dr. Tom Cade are there as my locum doctors. I deliver babies at both St Vincent’s Private Hospital and Epworth Freemasons. If you would like to book with me, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Please call the rooms 03 9419 5138.
The front of house team in my rooms have extensive experience in maternity administration and you should never hesitate to contact my rooms if you have any queries or need to see me in a hurry. We are on the ground floor of St Vincent’s Private Hospital – there is a public car park nearby, and the hospital is well serviced by public transport.
- How do I contact you?Practice (business hours): 03 9419 5138 Emergencies (after hours): Call Service 03 9387 1000 Birthing Suite – St Vincent’s Private Hospital 03 9411 7103 or 03 9411 7111 Epworth Freemasons 03 9418 8302 or 03 9418 8303
- What do I bring to my appointment?Please bring a copy of your referral from your GP. Please include a copy of any recent blood tests/ultrasound examinations.
- If you are unavailable when I am due to deliver, who are your locum doctors?If I am on leave or otherwise unavailable when you are due, you will be in the best of care with one of my locum colleagues. These are Dr David O’Callaghan, Dr. Lionel Steinberg, Dr. Guy Skinner and Dr. Tom Cade. They are among Melbourne’s most esteemed and experienced Obstetricians. I value their support in my Obstetric practice.
- When do I book/arrange an appointment?Ideally as soon as your pregnancy is confirmed by your GP. However many first-time parents may not be aware of the booking process. Please contact our reception staff who will be happy to guide you.
- What are your fees?Private Health insurance in conjunction with Medicare will cover the majority of your obstetric fees. International patients with overseas insurance but no Medicare are welcome. Please contact the receptionist for more information regarding my fee details.